Friday 16 September 2016

Thoughts from an empty room.



To be is to occupy space. Walls divide space from space. Walls take space and turn it into place. Place is humanised space.

A place is somewhere to put things. A space is a place with things in it. "Wherever I hang my hat, that's my home". Things are not human. Things are other. What I do to the world, I do by means of things.

Today I move out of one place and into another. I collect the keys, sign my name on various documents I say that I've read, and I arrive. My place. 

Your place or mine?
The place is empty. Some bare necessities have been provided: an oven, electricity, running water. There are no curtains in the windows. The walls are almost white. Accumulated post for the previous occupant, no longer at this address, please return to sender. They have gone to a better place. Round at their place. 

Furniture begins to arrive. It is as though I am already losing something. Space becomes place. 



An unbearable stillness. A king of infinite space. Life is here, I think, somewhere. 








Related posts


Thoughts from a non-empty room
Is minimalism boring?

******
Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Có rất nhiều chị em lo lắng và đặt ra câu hỏi Viêm lộ tuyến cổ tử cung là gì và biểu hiện của nó ra sao? Các bác sĩ phụ khoa cho rằng, khi bị viễm nhiễm lộ tuyến cổ tử cung, chị em sẽ thấy Khí hư ra nhiều bất thường và có màu sắc lạ mà điển hình là màu trắng, nhớt. Tùy vào nguyên nhân mà độ loét, màu dịch đôi lúc sẽ có sự khác nhau. Dịch đôi lúc có trắng, cũng có thể xuất hiện dịch nhớt màu vàng, dinh dính, đôi lúc có chút màu máu. Bên cạnh đó, do sự kích thích của dịch viêm nên vùng ngoài âm đạo bị sưng màu đỏ, ngứa ngáy thậm chí bị lở loét.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome.