Sunday 9 July 2017

Snacking on Pea Shoots

I could bear it no longer.  I had to try some of my raw pea shoots.  The small trays I sowed last week looked ready to me, so I nabbed one.

Here we have pea shoots after ten days of growth, approximately 2-3 inches in length.


I snipped off the shoots with scissors.  And behold:



They taste delicious, they really do.  Chewy, sweet, tender and with a pleasantly bitter aftertaste.  Quite remarkable.



Don't think I ate them, just like that? Here's the proof:



Try it yourself.  Grow some pea shoots, immediately.  Here's how I do it.

Rather than putting the remnants straight onto the compost, I thought I'd try another little experiment.  Can you "regrow" pea shoots after you've trimmed them?  It would be easy to google this, but more satisfying not to. 



******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.